RARA-AVIS: Irrelevant Chandler reference

From: John & Carrie ( johncarrie@sprynet.com)
Date: 10 Oct 2000

On the Jim Carrol Band's (yes, that Jim Carroll...from Basketball Diaries and Book of Nods and heroin addiction fame)"Catholic Boy." The song "Three Sisters": "I love my sister her name's Miranda/the boys from uptown they can't stand her/the more she denies them the more they demand her/but she just wants to stay in bed all night/reading Raymond Chandler."

I guess Carroll was desperate for something to rhyme with Miranda.

On the plus side this album does have the kick-ass rockers "People Who Died" and "Catholic Boy."

Tribe