RE: RARA-AVIS: Get Carter!

From: Anthony Dauer ( anthony.dauer@erols.com)
Date: 07 Oct 2000

No, but then I'm not one for conspiracy theories either ... considering all the legal rights, etc., that may have stood in the way from making it profitable plus the fact that I'm reading more about the popularity of the original movie than the book ... not surprised. Amazon.com has no listing for "Get Carter" and an out-of-print for "Jack's Trip Home" while Amazon.co.uk has no listing for "Jack's Trip Home" and a 1992 listing for
"Get Carter" with a young Michael Caine with shotgun on the cover with 3-5 week back order status.

Maybe the book version wasn't deemed popular enough to reissue. The genre even in movies has a finite audience appear after all.

--
Anthony Dauer
http://www.adau.net/judas_ezine/toc.htm

-----Original Message----- From: Mark Sullivan Sent: Saturday, October 07, 2000 2:27 PM
Does it strike anyone else as strange that the book has not been reissued with the new movie? Is there some sort of presumption that Sylvester Stallone fans don't read? What?