Re: RARA-AVIS: Brett Halliday pseudonyms

From: James Reasoner ( james53@flash.net)
Date: 29 Sep 2000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Bassett" < dj_bassett@yahoo.com> To: < rara-avis@icomm.ca> Sent: Friday, September 29, 2000 4:24 PM Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Brett Halliday pseudonyms

> Is there a list somewhere of all the Halliday books
> with the actual authors? I've long wanted to know this
> sort of information.

Somewhere I have a list of all the Mike Shayne magazine stories with most
(but not all) of the actual authors identified. This was put together by my friend Tom Johnson, who has a complete run of MSMM. I'll see if I can find it. As for the Shayne novels, everything after _Michael Shayne's 50th Case_ is actually by Robert Terrall. Before that, most of the books are by Davis Dresser, with a few ghosted by Dennis Lynds, Ryerson Johnson, and maybe Helen Kasson. I'll try to dig up some specifics on that, too.

> I admire your work and enjoy your postings, Mr.
> Reasoner. Nice to hear from you again.
>
> doug

Thanks. It's good to be back.

James