RARA-AVIS: Brett Halliday pseudonyms

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 28 Sep 2000

I can't find this information anywhere else: who has written the following Brett Halliday books?

The Careless Corpse (1961) Pay-Off in Blood (1962) Too Friendly, Too Deadly (1963) The Corpse That Never Was (1963)

By the way, the Prather book I sent a query earlier this Thursday might be "Lie Down, Killer", published by Lion in 1952 and then by the British Fawcett in 1958. I looked at the book more closely and found out that it's actually a spy novel. Anyone read this one?

Juri