Re: RARA-AVIS: James Atlee Phillips

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 26 Sep 2000

On 26 September 2000, Moorich2@aol.com wrote:

: James Atlee Phillips had several novels published before his Fawcett
: series as Philip Atlee and those were the ones that caught Raymond
: Chandler's eye.

Chandler mentions Atlee as a writer he admires in his chat with Ian Fleming. You may remember I mentioned that a while back ... I couldn't get it digitized myself, but fellow bird Jan Steffensen offered to try and a copy's on its way to him. I'll let you know where it is when I put it up. It's a very interesting conversation, and apparently the only extant recording of Chandler's voice.

Bill