Re: RARA-AVIS: Blues settings?

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 25 Sep 2000

On Sat, 23 Sep 2000, John & Carrie wrote:

> Anyone aware of hardboiled stories or novels that revolve around blues
> musicians? I'm particularly curious about earlier stuff from the thirties.
> Wondering if white people from that era ever listened to blues in the first
> place.

Jazz would be more appropriate. Goodis has several piano players, most notably in "Down There" AKA "Shoot the Piano Player". Evan Hunter's first novel, the fabulously scarce "The Evil Sleep" tells about a piano player.

There must be more recent stuff, which I don't know about. (And also plenty of answers I haven't yet read.)

Juri