Re: RARA-AVIS: Michael Brett and Sam S. Taylor

From: Etienne Borgers ( freeweb@rocketmail.com)
Date: 22 Sep 2000

Michael Brett: The confusion comes probably due to the fact there are TWO writers with the same name,

-one is British, and Michael Brett is an alias for Miles Tripp. I do not know more about this one

-one is American and wrote mystery novels of the HB/Noir type, but I do not recall to have read something by him. His PI was named Peter McGrath (a series of about ten novels). Amongst his production: AN EAR FOR MURDER THE FLIGHT OF THE STIFF LIE A LITTLE, DIE A LITTLE He was born in 1928.

Both not to be confused with Martin Brett, British by birth but who became a Canadian citizen. He later lived in Europe. He wrote very pleasant HB novels (end 50's and 60's), some of them heavily tinted by humor(I've red a bunch of his novels).

Hope this helps.

E.Borgers Hard-Boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384 Polar Noir http://www.geociites.com/polarnoir