Re: RARA-AVIS: Red Hot

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 17 Sep 2000

On 17 September 2000, kip.stratton@ni.com wrote:

: All of which is to say that I think the definitive JDM biography is
: still to be written.

Charles Willeford wrote three pieces about him that are collected in WRITING & OTHER BLOOD SPORTS: "The Big White Smile," written after the first three McGee books came out, which talks about a time MacDonald dropped by the University of Miami; a book review; and an obituary. They make for interesting reading, because it's another writer doing them and because the writer's Willeford. Perhaps a second MacDonald bio will do him more justice.

Does this one talk about his time in the OSS during the war? What little I've read skimmed over that pretty quickly, I suppose because he didn't talk about it.

Bill