Re: RARA-AVIS: Philo Vance: how many eggs?

From: Etienne Borgers ( freeweb@rocketmail.com)
Date: 15 Sep 2000

I'm pretty sure Vance was discussed shortly here in the past, some follower tending to push the detective in the HB league. Well, it could maybe look hard-boiled to the supporters of Miss Marple or Father Brown, but really it is not.

I admit I did not read the whole production of SS Van Dine, as what I discovered therein (2 novels - long long time ago) was bad enough and too fabricated to catch my interest. Also, Van Dine was the father of the infamous taboo of the "rules for detection novels", the equivalent of Mose's tables for all the whodunit makers... Have we to say more? Remember: We don't care if the butler did it!

Bill, rush for your special anti-egg suit, because this time they will be warmed-up in lukewarm water and most probably rotten...

E.Borgers Hard-Boiled Mysteries http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384 Polar Noir http://www.geocities.com/polarnoir