RE: RARA-AVIS: Bargains

From: Chris Bahn ( Chris_Bahn@citysearch.com)
Date: 14 Sep 2000

No contest, the best bargain crime novel I ever bought was my 25-cent copy of The Maltese Falcon.

-----Original Message----- Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 20:16:03 +0200 From: Daniel Sevitt < DANIELSE@Amdocs.com> Subject: RARA-AVIS: Bargains

Just visiting the States for business and I picked up an unused hardback copy of The Big Blowdown for a dollar in Borders' bargain section. I'm feeling well chuffed and didn't have anyone to share it with. Thought it might make an interesting topic though. What is the most satisfying hard-boiled bargain you have found? Doesn't have to be first-hand but it should be something you were looking for and would probably have paid more for.