Re: RARA-AVIS: Bargains -- Goodwill to all

From: Ron Clinton ( r-and-jclinton@email.msn.com)
Date: 13 Sep 2000

Bob T wrote:

> About a month ago I was checking the local Goodwill -- generally the best
used book store in my area -- and saw something that made my little heart go pitter pat. Apparantly someone had just cleaned out the attic, because there on the shelves were hundreds of 50's paperbacks in near mint condition: Gold Medal, Dell, Bantam, etc. All of them hardboiled

I sure wish *someday* I'd have a day like that at the Goodwill. I've been dropping in occassionally for years and, without fail, each and every time I go there I find myself confronted with piles of romance novels, old Ludlums, religious tomes and Dr. Laura cast-offs. A larger Goodwill, it still never fails to disappoint and depress.

...but hardboiled hope burns eternal.

Ron Clinton