RE: RARA-AVIS: weapons of choice

From: Words from the Monastery ( anthony.dauer@erols.com)
Date: 13 Sep 2000

When I was a bouncer in Corpus Christi I had a few of close ones ... a drunk was waving a knife around at someone on the dance floor. He listened to reason or at least understood what I meant when I point out that I wasn't drunk. On my last night I brought up a domestic squabble ... junior was lookin' to get froggy, but by the time it took him to think about it about 650 pounds of bad ass came over from the bar in the shape of three of my buds. The kicker though was the dirty look that his old lady gave me ... I guess she was into gettin' hit.

volente Deo,

Anthony Dauer Alexandria, Virginia

"... down these mean streets a man must go
 who is not himself mean, who is neither
 tarnished or afraid."

            --Raymond Chandler (1888-1959)

Hardboiled