Re: RARA-AVIS: Joseph H. Lewis

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 13 Sep 2000

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Mark Sullivan wrote:

> I just read that Joseph H. Lewis, the director of My Name is Julia Ross,
> Big Combo and the fantastic Gun Crazy died on August 30 at 93.

Sad to hear that. Lewis attended in 1992 or 1993 the Sodankyla Film Festival here in Finland. He was a great guy, smart and nice at the same time. I even got his autograph, for the reprinted publicity still of "Gun Crazy"! (It doesn't show very good, but it's there.) "Gun Crazy" and "The Big Combo" are great films.

Juri