RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: Lots to be said, but probably not here...

From: Anthony Dauer ( anthony.dauer@erols.com)
Date: 12 Sep 2000

Why would there be a pissing contest? It's hilarious watching people who think they know so much about Americans when they don't have a clue make such silly statements. Odd thing is I wouldn't dream of telling Canadians or Brits what they are. That's just good old Yankee common sense ... don't know a man until you've walked in his shoes. Y'all want to hold on to your romantic notions and ignore the straight dope from the source ... that's your problem not ours.

--
volente Deo,

Anthony Dauer Alexandria, Virginia
"If you don't leave, I'll get somebody who will." -Raymond Chandler (1888-1959)
Hardboiled http://www.adau.net/judas_ezine/

-----Original Message----- From: Kevin Burton Smith Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2000 10:56 AM
Chris asked:
>Is there something to be said for the notion that the US uses its >hard-boiled image in the same >way as the UK plays on its Kings and Queens heritage nonsense?
The short answer is "Yes."
The longer answer would soon devolve into an off-topic pissing contest full of silly chest-thumping and flag-waving.