RE: RARA-AVIS: Administrative note: Archives now searchable

From: Anthony Dauer ( anthony.dauer@erols.com)
Date: 09 Sep 2000

Searched on the keyword "Marlowe" in 1997 and received the following error for every month ... "Could not open index file for 199712." Is that the same thing as too many responses? Tried the same search on only February and received the same error.

--
volente Deo,

Anthony Dauer Alexandria, Virginia
"If you don't leave, I'll get somebody who will." -Raymond Chandler (1888-1959)
Hardboiled http://www.adau.net/judas_ezine/

-----Original Message----- From: William Denton Sent: Saturday, September 09, 2000 12:07 PM
I spent some time last night finishing off the archive searcher I'd started a while ago. I decided that the archives would be indexed month by month, people would pick a range of months they wished to search, and the results would be presented in monthly chunks in reverse chronological order. Some months we've had up to 850 messages go by, and there are a lot of words repeated, so I think this will work out well. Indexing all the archives in one big lump would make them too hard to manage.