Re: RARA-AVIS: One hell of a weekend

From: Mark Blumenthal ( blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Date: 07 Sep 2000

> Juri wrote:
>
> "Howard Browne: "A Taste of Ashes" (1958), a very enjoyable private eye
> novel, which you probably all know, this was my first Browne and I'll be
> eagerly looking for more"

I read the first two Halo boks a few months ago and read HALO IN BRASS and ASHES a few days ago. I thought the second, HALO FOR SATAN, was the weakest. They had a special appeal for me because the first three are set in 1940's Chicago. Some addreses are only a few blocks from me. As I'm not a native Chicagoan, they gave me an idea of what the the city was like then. Mark