Re: RARA-AVIS: One hell of a weekend

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 05 Sep 2000

On Mon, 4 Sep 2000, cooper wrote:

> > What have you been reading?
> Bleedin' 'ell I thought I was a fast reader, but I do tend to stop for
> things like sleeping, walking,talking. ;-)

Well, I managed to make some mashed potatoes, went to a mall with my family, to write about the books I read, change diapers. But boy, was I tired!

To keep the story moving: I finished Fredric Brown's "The Lenient Beast" last night. It was a very good one, a police procedural with a twisted plot: the police follow a wrong line of evidence, but because of that, Brown can tell a very touching story, started and finished Peter Held's (AKA science fiction writer Jack Vance) "Take My Face" (1957), a mildly interesting precursor of "Halloween" and other teenager-slashing stuff. In bed, I finally read some ten pages of Lou Cameron's "The Hot Car" (1981), of which I can say almost nothing.

Juri