Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Creationism vs. Evolution (was Once more...)

From: a.n.smith ( ansmith@netdoor.com)
Date: 02 Sep 2000

> I wasn't asked, but I'll butt in anyway. Some folks who come to mind are
> Jack O'Connell, Will Christopher Baer, and James Ellroy, of course.

My "red-defining" list topper: Pelecanos.

Here's a surprising one: Donald Westlake. THE AX and THE HOOK aren't run of the mill. They're cutting edge. And take a look at his selections for Best American Mystery Stories 2000 (I've got an advance reader). Wow. He's got his ear to the ground on the next wave. We can find a big step in the short story writers who are pushing limits right now and don't have books published yet.

Neil Smith