Re: RARA-AVIS: Recent purchases_White & Valin

From: Etienne Borgers ( freeweb@rocketmail.com)
Date: 01 Sep 2000

I was one of the supporters of Teri White, a good value amongst the real tough ladies. THIGHTROPE is not the very best she produced but is still amongst her good novels.

Jonathan Valin was a really good HB/Noir author, best known by the public for his PI Harry Stoner series. I do not remember DEAD LETTER, but if you come across THE LIME PIT (1981), or the darker FIRE LAKE (1987) don't let these go! Last time I heard about Valin he was participating as editor to a new HI-FI (and music) monthly magazine: FI- this was approx 3 years ago. He apparently does not produce any new novels, which is our loss! He did not hide the fact he was disillusioned by the publishing world (...how strange...! Is it?).

E.Borgers HARD-BOILED MYSTERIES http://www.geocities.com/Athens/6384 POLAR NOIR http://www.geocities.com/polarnoir E.Borgers