RARA-AVIS: Just Finished: Winslow's DEATH AND LIFE OF BOBBY Z

From: Doug Bassett ( dj_bassett@yahoo.com)
Date: 27 Aug 2000

For some reason I avoided this when it was in the bookstore, but I recently picked this up in my used paperback place and liked it alot. Definitely coming from the Elmore Leonard/Carl Hiassen wiseass school of crime writing, and it sounded a little mannered to me at first, but the plot is tight, the protagonist Tim Kearny engaging and sympathetic, and the climax, although shamelessly Hollywoodesque, is suspenseful. If you haven't picked up a copy yet, by all means do so -- and I'd like to see what else Winslow has in him.

doug

===== Doug Bassett dj_bassett@yahoo.com