RARA-AVIS: noir suggestions

From: Kathy Evans ( evans@ctel.net)
Date: 27 Aug 2000

        I'm putting together an undergraduate course in the spring to be titled AMERICAN NOIR: FICTION AND FILM. I had done a version in the past that concentrated on hardboiled detectives but want to expand the options a bit. I would appreciate any suggestions that anyone might have offlist. So far, RED HARVEST and BIG CLOCK are the only titles I think are sure. I'm also considering the second Library of America volume, on the '50's, with Thompson, Willeford, Himes et al.

Thanks,

Jeff Evans