RARA-AVIS: Brian Garfield

From: Frederick Zackel ( fzackel@wcnet.org)
Date: 18 Aug 2000

Dick Lochte mention Garfield wrote the book Death Wish, which became a Charlie Bronson series. I think Garfield always wrote The White Buffalo, which became another Bronson movie. Garfield did several Westerns, I think.

If you're traveling to LA, read Ross Macdonald, Richard Barre, or Gary Phillips, or Gar Anthony Haywood, or Dick Lochte, or April Smith, or Wendy Hornsby, or Philip Reed, or Gavin Lambert (The Goodbye People), or Walter Mosley, or . . .

When in LA, go to Musso & Frank's on Hollywood Blvd, where Chandler & Hammett (among others) consumed martinis.

Cheers

Frederick Zackel