Re: RARA-AVIS: Chinaman's Chance

From: Bill Crider ( abc@wt.net)
Date: 15 Aug 2000

I think I've weighed on in Thomas before, and CHINAMAN'S CHANCE is one of my favorites. I don't know why people complain about the plots, which never bothered me in the least. Chandler had complicated plots, too. Or read something like THE DAIN CURSE. Anyway, like Richard Moore, I love the voice in Thomas' books, especially the ones done in first person. I think Thomas wrote first-person narration about as well as it can be done.

Bill Crider