Re: RARA-AVIS: RE: Brit Crime Films

From: cooper ( jane@almaludo.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: 10 Aug 2000

> > Diane asked...
> > ...it was pants.
>
> You mean like trousers?
> Umm, no it means crap, but you don't get a smack upside your head from
your mum for saying it.I think it's because we call shorts/briefs pants, and they tend to get a bit, well not nice after a bit.

> > Is "lad culture" like "football hooligan culture"
> Yeah, it is, in a way.Kinda antiPC, loud,revelling in things like
money,cars,booze,skimpy bikini clad ladies,and the type of lifestyle glorfied in LS&2SB

BTW, synchronicity raises its head once more.Brit films being the flavour de jour on RA and in this month's Uncut is an interview/article with two of the Kray's former associates, who give their opinions on a selection of said films, both on a critical level and on a first hand one as many of the characters and situations were based on the whole Kray thing.Basically they agree with you guys, Long Good Friday, excellent on both counts and based on one of them.Don't like Face at all though. Jane