RE: RARA-AVIS: opinions?

From: John & Carrie ( johncarrie@sprynet.com)
Date: 08 Aug 2000

Mark sed:

> The latest Entertainment Weekly raves about 1960s Australian writer
> Patricia Carlon, comparing her to Patricia Highsmith. Has anyone here
> read her? Is she good? Is she hardboiled?

Soho has a few things by her. I don't think she's hardboiled, but she is more ala Highsmith, who isn't hardboiled either. Like Highsmith, I'd say she's more of a noir writer. In any event, she's quite good...moody, a little faster pace than Highsmith, cool little murders.

Interesting, Soho has published some really great crime fiction, and one seldom sees mention of it.

Tribe