Re: RARA-AVIS: Marvin Albert

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 06 Aug 2000

Dick Lochte wrote:

"The detective, also named Tony Rome, is a Miami-based Marlowe clone who won his houseboat in a poker game three years before Travis McGee won his."

This explains why I thought Frank Sinatra played Travis McGee in a movie. I saw one of the Tony Rome movies (Lady In Cement, I think) a long, long time ago. Years later, I read the Travis McGee books and kept trying to figure out which one I had seen as a movie with Frankie in it. It must have been because of the houseboat.

Mark