Re: RARA-AVIS: Marv Albert

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 06 Aug 2000

On Sat, 5 Aug 2000 Moorich2@aol.com wrote:

> Albert did do some good work in his long career. Crider is off on a European
> jaunt or I imagine he would be naming a few for us. Juri said Marv Lachman
> rates this series as the best of Albert. That might be but recently he
> criticised the first in the series STONE ANGEL as being mediocre in plot and
> some of the writing careless. I don't think the series is a favorite of
> Marv's. The novels do move quickly and make for good light fun. Some days
> that's all I want.

That certainly wasn't my day. It is George Kelley, not Marvin Lachman, who claims at least in "Murder off the Rack" and "Twentieth Century Crime and Mystery Writers" that the Stone Angel books are Albert's best works. Sorry - again! (I should stop writing, since I don't seem to get anything right...)

Juri