Re: RARA-AVIS: Dan J. Marlowe

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 04 Aug 2000

BobT wrote:

"The first one is THE NAME OF THE GAME IS DEATH, one of the all time great tough guy novels, and clearly not intended to be a series. As time went on and the sequels piled up, the character softened quite a bit. Not bad by any means, but the first one is the real thing."

The second one, One Endless Hour, ain't bad, neither, but Name of the Game really is something special. Bill, I think Operation Fireball, which I have yet to read, was the third in the series.

Mark