Re: RARA-AVIS: The Long Good Friday

From: Brian Johnson (
Date: 03 Aug 2000

I have the movie on video. It drew a top rating in one of my better video guides and the statement that it was on par w/The Godfather(not in my opinion), Public Enemy(yes),and High Sierra(not to me). That said, it features Bob Hoskins and Helen Mirren, both of whom are watchable in nearly anything; and despite my not ranking it with at least one of what I consider the best movies ever, I liked it and would recommend it.