Re: RARA-AVIS: re: Pelecanos quote

From: WordRunner@aol.com
Date: 30 Jun 2000

    If you can find nothing of value in either Pelacanos or Lehane, you may find it tough to locate new hard-boiled work that pleases you during the next few years, because these two writers are having considerable influence on the work of their colleagues. Pelacanos especially is breaking new ground and saving the genre from endless redundancy. I find him maddening at times, but it's hard for me to understand how anyone can fail to enjoy and be impressed by the talent that created The Big Blowdown, The Nick trilogy, and King Suckerman.

                                        Jim Blue