RARA-AVIS: Possible sequel to Altman's LONG GOODBYE

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 24 Jun 2000

There's an article about Robert Altman in the Globe and Mail today. Elliott Gould, who played Marlowe in Altman's version of THE LONG GOODBYE, was interviewed:

| The actor is currently looking at developing a Raymond Chandler
| story for the screen, a sort of sequel to THE LONG GOODBYE.
| With Altman directing? He answers: "I wouldn't do it with anyone
| else."

"Looking at developing" probably means something like "talked about it at a party, then mentioned it to my agent," but maybe they'll get something together. It'd be interesting to see Gould as Marlowe over 30 years later.

Bill