RARA-AVIS: Prather

From: Anders Engwall ( Anders.Engwall@uab.ericsson.se)
Date: 20 Jun 2000

Juri Nummelin:

> I've read couple of Prathers lately - now I'm in the middle of "The Meandering Corpse" - and I've so far found no implications of right-wing politics. What is the reason for
> Prather's anti-communism and anti-leftism, that is so infamous?

Try PATTERN FOR PANIC, where there's a whole lot of it. Prather even stops the action (Shell singlehandedly battling hordes of bolsheviks down in Mexico) occasionally, just to burst out against those wet liberals who don't take the red threat seriously enough. Since I find this kind of
'50s red menace paranoia rather comical, even when written with serious intent, I couldn't really figure out just from the book itself whether Prather was spoofing it or not. From what I've gathered here, he didn't.