RARA-AVIS: Bouchercon 2001 announcement

From: msmartha@earthlink.net
Date: 16 Jun 2000

Hi everybody,

This is a bit off-topic, but with Bill's kind permission I am posting an announcement about Bouchercon 2001.

We're pleased to announce that Bouchercon 2001--The 32nd World Mystery Convention--is coming to Washington, DC, and you're invited for the mischief!

Bouchercon 2001, A Capital Mystery, will be held November 1 - 4, 2001, at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City Hotel. We are honored to have some of the top figures in mystery as our guests:

-- Sue Grafton -- American Guest of Honor
-- Peter Lovesey -- International Guest of Honor
-- Michael Connelly -- Toastmaster
-- Lew and Nancy Buckingham -- Fan Guests of Honor

We've opened our website at www.bouchercon2001.com and invite you to visit for all the latest news on A Capital Mystery.

Some of our plans for Bouchercon 2001 include:

-- a pre-convention Halloween party
-- FBI and CIA expert panels
-- tours of the White House and the Library of Congress
-- a Nick and Nora Charles Martini Happy Hour

Bouchercon 2001 will feature a great lineup of panels, dealers' room, author signings and fan lounges, and will be highlighted by the Anthony Awards banquet. The Nation's Capital offers many free museums and attractions, so plan an extra day or two for sightseeing. We've arranged for tour bus pickups at the convention hotel and special guided mystery tours of Washington, DC (please note that tours, the Halloween Party and the Anthony Awards banquet will be separate purchase tickets).

For a registration brochure or form, you can:

email us at info@bouchercon2001.com

write us at Bouchercon 2001, PO Box 11700, Washington DC 20008

download the form from our website, www.bouchercon2001.com

If you register by September 1, 2000, you can get the Early Bird registration rate of $135.00. There will be a fee increase after this date.

We hope you'll join us for Bouchercon 2001 in Washington, DC--where mystery, scandal and intrigue are more than a passion, they're our business!

Martha