RARA-AVIS: Warren Murphy

From: abc@wt.net
Date: 12 Jun 2000

One of the main reasons Janet Evanovich scored big was a huge push from her publisher, something Murphy certainly never got from the publishers of either the Digger or Trace books. Harlan Coben scored big because he's a really nice guy who's very visible at conventions, very funny and personable, and great at promotion. I like both Evanovich's books and Coben's books, so I'm not suggesting that their success is undeserved. I think it is.
 I'm just offering some reasons I think their books did better than the Trace and Digger series.

Bill Crider