Re: RARA-AVIS: canned heat?

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 12 Jun 2000

William Denton wrote:

> You've seen those little cans of Sterno, which you light to make a small
> cooking flame (like under a fondue pot)? As I understand it, they'd take
> those cans, filter out the alcohol, and drink it. It'd be cheap, but it
> must have done a number on the body and brain.

Is this where the band got the name? In Finland they put some chemicals in alcohol containing washing and other liquids so that winos wouldn't drink them. But they just pour the stuff into a bread and drink what comes through. Some eat the bread in the morning, but that's only for the heavies. Well, actually this was a situation some ten years ago, not any more. (Sorry to be so off-topic.)

Juri jurnum@utu.fi