Re: RARA-AVIS: Readings List Reminder

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 05 Jun 2000

On 5 June 2000, Reminder Cron wrote:

: 01 Jun 2000 - DRAWING DEAD, Pete Hautman

I finally found a copy of this yesterday, and started it after THE OUTFIT
(which I liked a lot). The blurbs call it a "rollicking crime caper" and
"a romp," and Hautman is called "one of the most outrageously entertaining crime writers of our time." So far it seems more like a Carl Hiaasen book, which isn't bad, but which isn't really hardboiled. Who was it that suggested this? Perhaps they could comment.

I think after the next book, the Crais, I'll let the reading list go idle for a while, perhaps until a good anthology can be found. Not many people have been paying attention recently, and we've worked through pretty much all the major writers still in print.

Bill