Re: RARA-AVIS: Jose Latour "Outcast"

From: Peter Walker ( peterwalker@webtribe.net)
Date: 28 May 2000

You may be interested to know the next edition of Crimetime (due out in July?) features an interview with Latour....

www.crimetime.demon.co.uk I wonder how he is received in the US with quote like this...
"...America confuses liberty with libertinism...my homeland and this country face the same fundamental issue: the limits of control. In Cuba laws etc...rule almost everything a person can do and you end up feeling enslaved. In the US respect for individual rights seems to have turned freedom into a form of anarchy in certain social strata." I, for one, really enjoyed "Outcast". Anyone else read it/loiked it? Peter