Re: RARA-AVIS: Browne & Gruber

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 26 May 2000

<<As for Octavus Roy Cohn...>>

Sorry, I can't resist pointing out that this sounds very much like the name of a real bad dude in one of James Lee Burke's novels.

"His name was Octavus Roy Cohn and he had been dancing the dirty boogie for more years than anyone in New Raravia could remember. From his years in Vietnam he had kept a pension, a badass attitude and a purple serpent tatoo on his right cheek. In the early evening shadows, against the dying pink horizon and the gray-blue clouds that swept rapidly across the bayou, he was a presence, a bad omen."

There, just pick it up and run. Octavus Roy Cohn. Next time I'll do a Crumley, or maybe an Ellroy or a Sue Grafton.

Regards,

mt