Re: RARA-AVIS: John Reese

From: Bob Toomey ( btoomey@javanet.com)
Date: 26 May 2000

kip.stratton@ni.com wrote:
> I don't know anything about Reese, except it looks like he mostly wrote in the
> Western genre, judging from the info I've reeled in from the web. Has anybody
> read THE LOOTERS/CHARLEY VARRICK? Is Reese worth reading?

John Reese had his good days and his bad days, but he definitely wasn't a hack. He had a good sense of humor, always a plus. Probably his best work is his westerns, especially JESUS ON HORSEBACK, about a gunslinger who finds God, and a PBO comic caper novel called TRIXIE, FATS AND OMAR is also worth reading.

BobT