Re: RARA-AVIS: Bolitar series/Maltese Falcon similiarities?

From: Anthony Dauer ( anthony.dauer@erols.com)
Date: 25 May 2000

Coben is definetly not one for orginality ... I read the first of the series as part of a reading group and met him during the discussion as well ... the all-powerful covert buddy who takes care of the muscle stuff is just too much and way too unoriginal ... the Yahoo far too comical for a serious work. Not a bad read, but more mind candy than anything else ... file it under when everything else has been read and you're not interesting in rereading one of the classics then pull out a Bolitar ... I'm surprised that it has lasted as a series this long.

--
volente Deo,

Anthony Dauer Alexandria, Virginia
"If you don't leave, I'll get somebody who will." -Raymond Chandler (1888-1959)
Join the chin at: http://www.egroups.com/group/Hard-Boiled/