Re: RARA-AVIS: RE: The Long Firm

From: Tosh ( tosh@loop.com)
Date: 21 May 2000

> Just to give a bit of critical balance, I also read The Long Firm and found
> it an unsuccessful homage to Ellroy's pseudo-histories. Thoroughly
> unoriginal, populated with two-dimensional characters with very little
> flavour or substance. Save your money.

I have to disagree with this review. I too read the book recently and I enjoyed it. The main reason is because it deals with London Gay Gangster culture of the late 50's and early 60's. Including Joe Meek (record producer) and the Kray twins. Is there another book that deals with that same era and location?