Re: RARA-AVIS: List recommendations you've liked

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 20 May 2000

Count me in the group of people who, thanks to Dean Martin, never would have considered reading Matt Helm were it not for this list. Also enjoyed Hamilton's In the Line of Fire.

I'd also like to thank whoever mentioned Dan J. Marlowe's The Name of the Game is Death enough times to finally get me to read it. Great book. Also liked his Four for the Money.

I had read Joe Lansdale before, Act of Love and The Drive-In, but they hadn't done a whole lt for me, were good, but not great in my mind. However, due to this list (and recommendations by a couple of off-list friends), I started reading the Hap and Leonard books. Not only do I now know what the hype is all about, I don't think it's big enough.

Finally, I was turned on to the works of two listmembers, one continuing, one former -- Terrill Lankford and Fred Willard. Which reminds me, when's Fred new book due?

Mark