Re: RARA-AVIS: The death of the hardboiled

From: Ron Clinton ( r-and-jclinton@email.msn.com)
Date: 20 May 2000

> On the other hand, despite his questionable pronouncements on
> hardboiled, he has served very honorably as an editor of anthologies,
> doing good work in preserving stories that would otherwise have vanished
> without a trace.

While I certainly credit him for his work in preserving these older works, his questionable view on the death of the hardboiled genre makes me wonder if this colors his editorialship of said anthologies...so newer works that
*could* be considered apt and completely appropriate contributions to these collections *won't* be, because - in his mind - they couldn't possibly be hardboiled.

Ron Clinton