Re: RARA-AVIS: Titles & Pianists

From: Robert Jaffe ( bugbear@gate.net)
Date: 20 May 2000

If MY memory serves, the title was indeed "Don't Shoot the Piano Player," which was taken from a late-nineteenth century catchphrase that went: "Don't Shoot the Piano Player, He is Doing His Best." I believe this was considered witty at the time and showed up on small signs hung in western barrooms, among other places, similar to the "In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash" signs that were found in stores. Of course, my memory could be influenced by a lifetime of watching westerns.

HTH

Bob