RARA-AVIS: Re: Titles & Pianists

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@colba.net)
Date: 20 May 2000

Richard, our man in Europe, wrote:

>Can anyone out there run through the title history for me? I think the
>theater program is simply wrong and all three of my friends have worse
>memories than I do.

The title in English is usually translated as SHOOT THE PIANIST or SHOOT THE PIANO PLAYER. But Elton John, back when he was really, really popular in the early seventies, released an album titled DON'T SHOOT THE PIANO PLAYER. I'm guessing more English-speaking people have heard/heard of/owned the album than ever heard of/saw a relatively obscure French film.

I think you're right, your friends are wrong.

Kevin Burton Smith The Thrilling Detective Web Site http://www.colba.net/~kvnsmith/thrillingdetective/

An A&E Mystery.com Site of the Week, but don't let that discourage you.