Re: RARA-AVIS: New paperbark original writers

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 18 May 2000

>George P. Pelecanos
>Andrew Vachss (if you ignore the preaching part)
>Elmore Leonard
>James Ellroy

Well, these guys have been publishing in hardcover for a long time, though Leonard did publish paperback originals before he became really famous. I thought the question referred to current writers of paperback originals who might one day become recognized as masters. All four gentlemen above are established authors and hardly need to be discovered.

To give this some content: Constantine's _Mud Blood_ is very, very good. I'm enjoying it tremendously. This one is definitely hardboiled.

Regards,

Mario