RARA-AVIS: The importance of being Brigid.

From: Mark Blumenthal ( blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Date: 08 May 2000

- From: < RRandisi@aol.com>

> Mary Astor has completely ruined the movie for me. For years I
complained
> that I just couldn't Spade going for bridget the way he did, as played by
> Astor.

Yet, according to Hoolywood rumors, in real life she had many actors going for her. They saw something you couldn't. One of the best actresses then, Bette Davis had already played Brigid. I didn't think she was right.. I think Ingrid Bergman would have been great in the role, but not most of the top actreses at the time. Mark