Re: RARA-AVIS: "Noir More Weirdness!"

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 07 May 2000

John & Carrie wrote:

> I found Alphaville way too pretentious, although
> PI Lemmy Caution drives a great looking early model Mustang.

Isn't it Ford Galaxie? It would suit better the film.

> Fuller's The Naked Kiss has to be one of the weirdest damn
> movies I've ever seen! Did Fuller intentionally make it high camp? The
> best of all three and very intense, not to mention the most faithful to the
> noir trad.

Yes, it's weird enough, but I've always thought that in his best days Fuller knew what he was doing. So the high camp is there purposefully. But I've wondered many times why the films seems so crude, the editing at least. By the way, Michael Avallone wrote the novelization. Just think how weird that one must be!

Juri jurnum@utu.fi