Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Fredrick Jameson

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 04 May 2000

Kevin:

<<Plus, Paulie in receiving says Chandler writes pretty good stories.>>

Yeah, he's worth at least a look. I have several books of criticism by Jameson, and his kind of Marxist approach is not only dead boring but also plays fast and loose with literature. Sometimes he tries too hard to make a point. I wouldn't go so far as to call him a philosopher, though.

Baudrillard is fun because he obviously has no regard for logic and, equally obviously, he does not take himself very seriously. I like his metaphor that current society is a "simulacrum". I think it's true. Simulated life, think about that. It vindicates fiction.

Regards,

mt