Re: RARA-AVIS: Paen to MacDonald

From: Bill Crider ( abc@wt.net)
Date: 29 Apr 2000

Back in the late 1960s, I decided that I liked John D. so much that I was going to collect first printings of all his paperback originals. I did it, too, though finding WEEP FOR ME was easy, even then. Unlike Jim, I very much enjoyed THE BRASS CUPCAKE and WHERE IS JANICE GANTRY. The ones that left me cold were things like CLEMMIE and CANCEL ALL OUR VOWS. The Vegas book that James mentioned is probably THE ONLY GIRL IN THE GAME, another one that I liked a lot. But then I liked almost all of them.

Bill Crider